Many of our Users come to Attio with a lot of data to import from previously used apps. You can easily centralize all of your data into Collections using CSV files.
**To map to existing Contacts the following fields are required:
- Email Address for individual contacts.
- Domain for company contacts.
How to import
- In a Collection, click
Import / Exportin the top right corner of your Table or Kanban View.
- Choose or drag and drop the
.csvfile you'd like to import.
Map to existing attributes
- After importing your file, you will be asked to select corresponding attributes for each column.
- Select from the list of existing Collection attributes to map your data.
Create new attributes
If a corresponding attribute does not previously exist, you can create new attributes while importing.
+in the top right of the attribute menu.
- Select the type of attribute you would like to create (multi-select, user, status, etc.).
Continueonce all desired columns are mapped with new or existing attributes.
- Note: you can also skip any columns you do not want imported.
- If you are importing data with new Attributes or new Options in an existing Attribute, you will be asked to map each value.
- Each CSV Column without complete corresponding values will be flagged. Select any flagged attribute to move on to configuration.
- Select the
xto the right of each Invalid Value to enter and create the correct value.
Confirm columnwhen done.
- Repeat this process for each highlighted Column.
Continuewhen all Columns are confirmed.
Start your import
- Attio will confirm the number of Collection Entries that will be updated or created.
- If there is an existing entry for a Contact in the CSV file, Attio will ask you to confirm if the import is meant to update existing data or create a new separate entry.
- Once you have confirmed the above, you can select
Start importto add your data to the Collection.
Did we miss something? Send us a message in the chat box to the right ✌️